Policies and Procedures
1. Payments: A deposit of the full booking fee plus 50% of the rent, including Maryland and Worcester County taxes, is due at time of reservation. Final payment is due 30 days prior to date of arrival. Final payment will include the remaining 50% of the rent and taxes. Additionally, the final payment will include the damage waiver fee and cleaning fee, if applicable. We gladly accept personal checks if received 30 days prior to date of arrival. Personal checks will be accepted if received 30 days prior to check-in. If a check is returned, it will be subject to a $35 returned check fee. The check will not be re-deposited and a replacement check will not be accepted. Guest must replace check with cash, certified funds or credit card payment or the reservation will be canceled.
2. Guests will not be given property access/possession of property until all monies due are paid to OCMD Getaways. No money will be collected at time of arrival. We strive to offer state of the art, contactless check-in for most properties. If a physical check in is required for your property, check in location is 5700 Coastal Highway, Suite 202, Ocean City, MD 21842. Check in time will be between 3 PM and 5 PM, depending on the location of your property. If you plan to arrive later than 5PM, please make arrangements with us in advance and make sure we have confirmed this. Check out time is 10 AM.
3. Occupancy: Our clients have given us instructions to not to rent to non-family groups, high school groups, college groups, etc. We are only authorized to rent to responsible adults ages 25 and over. We reserve the right to require identification from all property occupants. Reservations obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of all monies and guests will not be permitted to possess or occupy the property. This includes reservations made from third party sites such as Airbnb, VRBO, etc.
4. This Agreement must be signed by the Guest reserving the property and returned to OCMD Getaways within seven days of the date reservation is made or we reserve the right to cancel this Agreement. The guest signing this Agreement must be the person to check-in or we have the right to refuse occupancy. The guest securing the reservation must be an occupant of the property and cannot assign or sublet the property.
5. Cancellation: Guest may cancel reservation at any time 60 days prior to arrival date with no penalty/full refund, minus the non-refundable booking fee. If guest cancels within 30-59 days of arrival date, 50% of the full rental rate and booking fee will be forfeited. If guest cancels within 29 days or less of arrival date, no refund will be given. No refund will be given due to inclement weather, acts of God, etc. This agreement is not contingent on the weather. Please note we offer an optional travel insurance protection plan which you can purchase to help with this. See “Travel Insurance” paragraph for details.
6. Unless prior arrangements are made, if guest does not arrive within 24 hours of scheduled arrival date, we have the right to cancel this agreement and guest will forfeit all monies paid. We will gladly work with you on this, we just need to make prior arrangements.
7. Agent or Owner may terminate this Agreement and remove Guest at any time if, at the sole discretion of Owner and/or OCMD Getaways, Guest become objectionable, violates any terms of the Agreement, Property rules and regulations or any City Ordinances. In such event, Guest agrees to immediately vacate Property without refund; and, neither Agent nor Owner shall be liable for any damages including, without limitations, incidental and consequential damages.
8. Television: All units have at least one TV. In the event of TV failure, replacement or repair may not be possible immediately. It is recommended that you bring a portable TV with you or be prepared to rent one if television is essential to you.
9. All units have bedspreads, pillows, dishes, flatware and cooking equipment. Bring your own linen, comforters, light blankets, towels, extra pillows, personal toiletries, and cleaning and laundry supplies. Bring any special items that you find necessary for your comfort and convenience. If you do not want to bring these items, we have a linen package which can be purchased. Sleep sofas are provided in some units but they are generally meant for the use of an overnight guest or small children.
10. Infants & Small Children: If your child needs special equipment, such as high chairs, strollers, cribs, etc., bring them with you. Most units make no provision for children’s items. If you do not want to bring these items, we have rental cribs, strollers, etc. that can be rented but this must be done at least one week prior to date of arrival.
11. OCMD Getaways or Owner may terminate this Agreement and remove Guest at any time if, at the sole discretion of Owner or OCMD Getaways, Guest becomes objectionable, violates any terms of the Agreement, Property rules and regulations or any City Ordinances. In such event, Guest agrees to immediately vacate Property without refund; and, neither OCMD Getaways nor Owner shall be liable for any damages including, without limitations, incidental and consequential damages.
12. I give permission to SafelyStay, Inc., to verify my identity, and check criminal databases in order to confirm my reservation. Complete terms regarding Safely’s guest verification can be found at www.safely.com/terms. You may receive an email from Concierge@Safely.com to complete your screening. Please check your spam inbox for this email, and contact Safely at Concierge@Safely.com, or go to www.Safely.com, if you have any questions.
1. Pre-existing damages must be reported to OCMD Getaways upon taking occupancy of Property. Guest agrees to surrender Property in as good or the same condition as at the beginning of occupancy, with reasonable wear and tear excepted. Guest is responsible for all damages inflicted on Property by himself, family or friends during his occupancy, along with court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred to collect damages. Owner and OCMD Getaways shall have the right to inspect Property and make necessary repairs during the term of this Agreement. Property will be inspected after Guest’s departure.
2. Guest agrees to pay an excessive housekeeping fee if Property is not left in a neat and orderly condition. Guest agrees to complete the following before vacating Property: 1) Clean and store all dishes and cookware. 2) Empty all food from refrigerator. 3) Make all beds. 4) Return furniture to its original placement. 5) Collect all trash and dispose of in building receptacles. All occupants must vacate Property, return all keys (if applicable), pool tags and parking permits to Agent by 10:00 AM. Guest is responsible for Property until all keys, pool tags and parking permits are returned. Guest is subject to replacement fees for items not returned within a timely manner or additional rent if Property is not vacated according to the terms of this Agreement.
3. Toilets shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed and no sweepings, sanitary products, diapers, rags or garbage shall be placed therein. Any sewage line clog caused by Guest shall be repaired at the Guest’s expense. Guest will reimburse Owner for any damage caused by escape or overflow of water.
4. If Property becomes uninhabitable by reason of fire or other casualty not caused by the negligence of Guest, his/her family, or his/her guests, the Agreement hereunder shall be terminated and Guest shall be entitled to a pro-rate refund from Owner.
Damage Waiver Protection Plan:
The signing occupant of the unit is financially responsible for any damage to a property, whether made by the occupant or the occupant’s guests. To help with this, we have a “Damage Waiver” protection program. A $75 “accidental damage waiver fee” is added to all reservations. Since accidents do happen, this prevents you from being charged for “minor and accidental damages,” as determined by OCMD Getaways, up to $1000. The guest(s) listed on this reservation will still be responsible for deliberate damages and all damages, whether accidental or deliberate, for any amount that exceeds $1000. To be covered, any damage must be reported by guest to OCMD Getaways prior to check out.
Optional standard trip cancellation/travel insurance can be purchased by you at the time of your reservation or any time up to 30 days prior to your arrival date, and paid in full at time of purchase. CFAR (Cancel for any reason) premium insurance can be purchased at time of booking or up to 14 days after and outside 30 days before arrival. Please note that there are no refunds due to a hurricane or illness, injury or death if travel insurance is NOT PURCHASED. The insurance premium will be billed on renter’s initial deposit.
No Smoking Inside Properties:
All properties are non-smoking properties. Evidence of obvious smoking inside will result in the credit card on file being charged an additional fee of $100 for cleaning. This includes smoking of any kind: cigarettes, vaping, marijuana (medical or recreational).
Rules And Restrictions:
1. Check-in time is between 3 PM and 5 PM, depending on the property, on your scheduled arrival date, unless other arrangements have been made in advance prior to arrival date.
2. Property is cleaned between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM and may occur as late as 6:00 PM on peak weekends. Guest must report cleaning problems to OCMD Getaways within one hour of check-in or we will assume property is acceptable.
3. Guest shall not be entitled to any refund for inoperative appliances, air conditioners or other deficiencies. However, upon being notified of any malfunction we will make every reasonable effort to have same repaired. Replacement of TV’s, microwaves, VCR’s, DVD’s and phones cannot be guaranteed. If any of these items are critical to your stay, please bring them with you.
4. Guest must provide their own linens, towels, soap and paper products. Some properties may not provide blankets, clocks, radios, irons or ironing boards. On the rare occasion a property is equipped with a phone, long distance calls must be made by credit or calling cards. If long distance calls are charged to Property, Guest will be charged a $15.00 handling fee in addition to the toll charges.
5. The opening and closing of pools is at the discretion of each individual building. Neither Owner nor OCMD Getaways is responsible for closed pools or any other building amenity. Most pools in Ocean City are open Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend.
6. Guest is responsible for removing all personal belongings from Property prior to vacating. Neither Owner nor OCMD Getaways is responsible for theft, loss or return of personal items left in Property.
7. Pets are prohibited on premises unless arrangements are made in advance in the rental agreement. Violation of this covenant will be grounds for immediate removal and forfeiture of all rental monies.
8. Property shall not be used for any commercial activity or purpose that is a violation of any regulation of any governmental authority that has jurisdiction over Property. Ocean City has a Noise Control Ordinance, which makes it unlawful to cause or permit noise levels that exceed those established by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene of the State of Maryland (COMAR 10.20.01). Violation of this covenant will be grounds for immediate removal without refund if these noise levels are exceeded as a result of Guest’s activity on Property. Ocean City has other noise ordinances, which are civil or criminal offenses if violated.
9. Guest agrees to abide by the building’s rules and regulations. Barbecue type cooking is prohibited on the premises of any multi-family property. Parking varies by building and is limited to the amount of spaces noted on this Agreement. Some buildings require additional fees for parking or use of amenities. OCMD Getaways is not responsible for illegally parked vehicles. Some buildings cannot accommodate over-sized vehicles and alternative parking may not be available. Parking of trailers of any type is not permitted on the rented premises or public streets.
10. While most units use a smart lock system and do not have keys, guest is responsible for any fees incurred for a lockout during the hours OCMD Getaways office is closed, payable when Guest is admitted to Property. If Guest incurs a lockout during normal business hours, Guest may either obtain a key on-site at our office or have us deliver key to Premises and Guest may be subject to a delivery fee. However, most units will be on a door code and not a keyed lock.
11. No representation, agreement, undertaking or promises, whether oral, implied or inferred has been made by either Owner or Agent unless expressly stated herein.
What to Bring with You:
Linens. This includes sheets, pillow cases, towels, etc. You can rent a linen package with these items should you choose to do so.
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwashing detergent
- Dish towels
- Beach towels, chairs, etc.
- Foil/plastic wrap
- Trash bags
- All-purpose cleaner
*OMCD Getaways is not responsible for any typographical errors in this agreement, on our website or in any email communication between us and a guest.